Sunday, December 14, 2008

Praise The Lord!!

A while ago I went through a period of time where I didn't want to go to church. I loved hearing the word and learning more about Christ, but as soon as it was over I just wanted to shoot out the door. That was a hard time. Then God did A LOT in me all at once. He changed my perspective, put some people in my life to encourage me, and gave me lots of strength. Until last Saturday I was totally fine and everything was normal. The problem was that I wasn't relying on Christ I was too focused on the raging waters in front of me. When I woke up that Sunday morning I was just...happy. Now, im not a grumpy person when i wake up, but im never happy. And every moment that i was at church i just got filled with even more joy! i thought i was going to burst : ) And i just wanted to praise God!!! He truely helped me and just gave me a joy! Don't focus on the mountains before you. Look past them as if they were invisible and put you trust in God!

1 comment:

Abbie said...

It is encouraging to hear God working in you and teaching you!!! We all go through hard times but its in those times that God humbles us and trains us. I was listening to a sermon last night about Joseph, he was sold into slavery, then thrown into prison,but he had done nothing wrong. He had no idea how long he would be in prison but instead of laying around complaining he obeyed God. He was later put in charge of Egypt! He had to be humbled first and God had to teach Joseph to trust Him completely and also not to lean on his own understanding.
The Curly Girl :)