Friday, July 18, 2008

You become like those you are around

Since I've been here I've been very blessed. Not just by my family, but by meeting new people and hearing my uncle preach and God doing some things in me that we're very needed (some not so fun).
My family is so wonderful! I absolutely love them and we have so much fun. We have a joke in my family where as daughters we may hate some of the quarks that our moms have or even say often "I'll never do that when i get older", but it's inevitable...we all eventually become our moms and do the exact things we said we wouldn't. haha. But we all joke about it anyways. Imagine thanksgiving with your great grandma, grandma, aunt, mom, me, and the little girls. That's a lot of generations of women there! (poor uncle and brother).
I've realized recently that I'm like a computer. I don't know if anyone else knows what I'm talking about, but everywhere i go, whatever conversation i have i am constantly learning and examining. I can't just go somewhere. I always learn something. Since being here i have learned from my aunt about cooking and child care and just how to be fun. From my Nana I've learned patience and kindness and how to find the humor in almost anything. On Sunday my Uncle preached about fasting and I've heard it preached before, but i still learned new things. And my goodness that man must have patience, because he is constantly surrounded by a bunch of giggling women ;). I even learn a lot from my cousins. About 2 years ago when my sister was 3 was the first time i realized how much she taught me just by being curious, innocent, happy, carefree, and silly! Well since my sisters a little older now I'm getting shown that all over again with my younger cousins. "my cutie" is the older one and she's a woman on a mission. She knows what she does and doesn't want and she will let you know. She's very much the leader, but she is also very sweet and so smart. Her thing to do is that she will randomly tell you she loves you. you could be talking or playing or...anything and she'll just let ya know. it's so cool, i hear it like a million times a day. i love the conversations that i can have with my cutie and the fun little games! she makes me tea all the time and she really likes to color which is good because so do i. "my boy" is the younger one and he is the most happy, content, giggly toddler i have ever encountered! He has the coolest sense of humor. I am going to pray really hard for a baby like him. I've babysat them a lot while I've been here and they are very easy because it doesn't seem like a job. They're both very content and easy to please.
"my boy" has an absolute obsession with light switches!! and don't think that this is any little thing or that its not really an obsession, the kid is hooked! EVERY single switch you pass he practically jumps out of your arms leaning toward the wall. and if you stand there for a few minutes while he switches it on and off (giggles)and on and off (giggles) on and off (laughs hysterically)........then if you walk away he crys and crys. My grandpa can fix anything and he bought a little light switch thing for him to play with but he didn't like it because it didn't actually control a light.haha. At my aunts house i figured out that if you put him in his high chair and pull him over to this one wall he can reach it himself and you don't have to stand there for hours. And he will sit there forever giggling like crazy. They both get along so well together and i just love them!
so basically they have all been such a blessing to me and I'm praying that God will make me a blessing to them. I've been praying for patience and kindness and the grace to help or play even if it's something i don't want to do. Which could actually be applied to anything in life :).

1 comment:

Abbie said...

Hey!
It is great to hear you are having so much fun and learning a lot. I miss you but i am excited that God is working in you!